Thursday, February 17, 2011
10 Things we LOVE about Taber Rigg!
1. You are a good and righteous head of your household. You are soft spoken and kind to your wife and children, you treat everyone as equals, you teach with love and patience, and you are a worthy priesthood holder and wise teacher.
2. You are a hands-on-dad. Nothing pleases me more than to see fathers who are anxious and willing to help out with their kids. You not only make sure you are available to do the necessary things like feeding the kids and changing diapers, but you go the extra mile to spend one-on-one time with them, play with them, read to them, help with their night time routine, and let them know that they are loved.
3. You are a compassionate and doting husband. Because my siblings are also my best friends, this one means a lot to me. It makes me so happy to see how well you treat Becca. You are so whooped by her it is almost ridiculous... in a good way! You still find ways to surprise her, make romantic gestures, help her whenever and wherever you can, and make her feel beautiful after 9 years of marriage... and I definitely dig that!
4. You are a manly provider for your family. Why manly you ask? Because you put in the hours and the time, and do whatever it takes to make sure your family is secure and taken care of. Not only that, but you do it the SMART way! Staying out of debt is definitely MANLY!
5. You are an incredible brother and friend. You are giving and selfless, terrific at listening and communicating, and a BLAST to hang out with! It is so much fun to be around other people who like the same things that we do. The only real shame is that we don't live close enough to you guys to camp in the igloo together or hit up a few good races! Thanks for all you do Taber and for being such a DOPE brother! We love you!
6. Taber always makes me feel welcome and comfortable. From the moment I met Naomi and started getting introduced to everyone in her family, Taber was always making sure I was included.
7. Taber can do anything. Seriously, I can't think of a thing that he can't do. Get an incredible education, have an incredibly successful career while loving what he does, run marathons, be an exemplary father, build igloos, do the hoop dance. This is why whenever I run my mantra is "BLT" Be like Taber!
8. Taber is the perfect example of quiet dignity. He never boasts or flaunts his skills and talents, but isn't afraid to share them when appropriate. He's helped me out scores of times with advice or guidance.
9. Taber very obviously loves his wife and kids. He's a great example to me of putting his family's comfort and well-being at the top of his list. He works hard for them.
10. Taber is an awesome game buddy. Whether it's pounce, Settler's of Catan, or Boggle, he's always game. I can never beat him of course, but it's still fun to play!