1. From day one you accepted me as your daughter. You have helped me out of tough situations, been by my side when I needed your help, lent a listening ear, spent hours teaching and encouraging me, and even managed to throw in a good scolding when it was needed. :)
2. You are Martha Stewart...without the criminal record. You can create ANYTHING you want to whether it needs to be sewn, stitched, cut, glued, sawed, or hammered. And EVERYTHING you make is beautiful!
3. You have VERY expensive taste, yet a VERY frugal personality. I am frequently amazed at the elegance in which you live your life...and then at the fact you paid only a fraction of the price for it. I even love shopping with you because you manage to get exactly what you want, on sale three times over, in a matter of seconds. Your efficiency is astounding!
4. You make me feel like I am worth more than my mere Associates Degree. You have proven time and time again that you don't need a degree to have a fantastic education. You have dedicated your lifetime to learning new things and your internal library is remarkable. No matter what random questions I need to ask you, I know you will either already have the answer, or you will know exactly where to find it.
5. You are a compassionate, charitable, and service oriented individual. Like my own mother, you give and give with no expectation of a return. You love all your children, biological or tag-a-long, just the same. You accept us and love us despite our flaws and shortcomings and you serve us no matter what the cost is to you! And when you are not helping one of your children, you are running around like the Energizer Bunny (but faster) helping everyone else. Thank you for being such a great example, teacher, mother, and friend. I love you mom!
6. She always takes good care of her grand-kids and makes them feel extra special anytime we’re lucky enough to have her visit.
7. She is always working on something productive whenever I see her. She is an example of the “rolling stone gathering no moss” principle.
8. She makes sure that my wife feels just as much a part of our family as I am.
9. She always encouraged me to develop my existing talents, and work to discover my new ones.
10. NOBODY makes monster cookies as good as she does… they are exceptional!