Monday, February 28, 2011

10 Things we LOVE about Janna Bluth!


From Naomi:

1. You are one of the most thoughtful people I know. It makes me feel so good that you put forth the extra effort to call and check on us every once in a while, send special treats to the girls just for fun, give me the heads up on good deals that you've found, or fly out here to help me out with a week of babysitting.

2. You are a stellar shopper! Not just because you have great taste and work fast, but also because you know how to get great bargains. I will never forget when you refused to buy a shirt because it was on the $5 rack instead of the $2 rack! Ha Ha! It seems you never get carried away by a "good deal" either.

3. You are ridiculously talented and aren't afraid to try new things. The few times that Kevin and I actually got to watch you act and sing were TRULY a treat. And the fact that you would willingly go from singing and acting, to swinging around poi balls without even thinking twice, proves that you are totally willing to try new things.

4. You are a fantastic mother and aunt. You have such a great balance between fun, needs, and discipline, and my girls love you for it (as I'm sure Audrey does as well). Plus, it is so nice for me to have daughters that want to hang out with you, accompanied with the knowledge that I won't have to retrain them when I get them back!

5. You are one of my heroes. That might seem weird since I'm an old fart compared to you, but you have so many qualities that I am striving to posses and I look to you for an example of how to achieve them. Thank you for living such an exemplary life, for being such an incredible sister and friend, and for always making sure we are not left out or left behind. We love you Janna!

From Kevin:

6. Janna is one of the most talented people that I know. It seems like Janna can pick up anything, and be incredible at it! I've seen her play the piano, violin, guitar, trombone, sing, act, improve act, kick my trash at Wii bond, sew, cook food, be a mother.... AND she does it all extremely well.

7. Janna is an excellent friend to me, a wonderful sister and a fun person to be around. I remember when we were both in classes together at BYU, and Janna and I had the opportunity to hang out together quite a bit. I got to walk to her dorm room to eat lunch all the time, study for our Art History class together, and laugh about how funny her roommates all were. Very good times. Oh, and I got a better score than Janna on the final test in our art class... but only because she made all the flashcards and forced me to study so much! She was always ready to help me out... despite all those time I (allegedly) hug her upside down over the banister when she was little... (she's got three brothers, you can't prove it was me)

8. Janna is a great friend to Naomi, and I always appreciate how well Naomi is treated by my family... especially by Janna. I can't count how many times we've been blessed because Janna decided to give us a phone call, stop by our place to say hi, fly across the country to help babysit, etc. I really appreciate how well and accepted Janna makes Naomi feel.

9. She's a very opinionated person... and of course I mean that in a good way! She knows exactly what she wants, what she believes, how she will act, how she will conduct her relationships, etc. It's very inspiring to see someone with such a solid conviction and high self-respect.

10. Janna does THE very best bat impression I have ever seen in my life. If there were a national symposium for the gifted bat-impressionist... Janna would definitely be the keynote speaker and head award recipient. If you've never been blessed to witness this phenomenon, then you are missing out.

Well, that wraps up our month of love, but don't worry, we still love you even if we don't blog about it on a regular basis. Thank you to all of you for being such wonderful influences in our lives and bringing us so much happiness and joy over the years. And thank you for letting us tell the world about it. WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

Colleen H. said...

Ha, ha. She does make a great bat! And she's fabulous at the other things, too. We sure love her!