Friday, February 18, 2011

10 Things we LOVE about Becca Rigg!

(aka, Dude, Chewy, Bec-way, and Grover the incredible talking dog!)

From Naomi:

1. You are so blasted funny! I have spent days without end laughing at things you have said or done and you are the only person who can get a good old fashioned seizure-laugh-attack out of me. I love your sense of humor and how you never have to put anyone down to get a good chuckle!

2. You are Super Mom. Sometimes it seems like you came straight out of a magazine. Your children are well dressed and well fed, they have been taught good manners, and they are incredibly smart and talented... and all that is because of you. Somehow you find the time to get all your responsibilities taken care of and still play with and teach your children for hours at a time. They are lucky they will have so many cherished childhood memories, and I am lucky to have such a great mentor while raising my own children.

3. You are a social genius! It is amazing to watch you move comfortably from one crowd of people to another and seamlessly fit in. Not only that, but you make everyone else feel comfortable and at ease the minute you arrive. Furthermore, to this day I have never gone to a new location without at least one person stopping me to ask if I am Becca's sister, and then proceeding to tell me how much they love you and how you changed their life.

4. You work hard to nurture your relationships. No matter where I am in the world, I always know that you will call me, text me, send me a birthday card, and let me know that I am loved. You also take the time to learn about me and listen to what is going on in my life, and then you take an interest in those things. I am lucky to have you as a friend.

5. You are my best butt-ie. My very first memories in life all involve being inseparable from you. You were my favorite playmate, the vault that held my best secrets, my big sister, my good advice giver, my mentor, and my best friend. And besides the fact that you no longer ride around on my back while I clean our room, or waste countless hours playing with chip and dale or our barbies together, not much else has changed as we've grown up. I love you dude!

From Kevin:

6. Becca has an amazing personality that makes it easy for her to meet people, make friends, and help people feel comfortable. When Naomi and I started dating, Becca and Taber lived in California, thus I didn't have the chance to meet her until much later. Even still, I felt as if I knew Becca and that we were friends before I ever met her face-to-face.

7. She is very blunt, unapologetic, and unafraid to speak her mind. This quality has led to many opportunities for me to think and examine situations in my own circumstances. For example, here is an excerpt from a conversation we had after Naomi and I had been dating for some time: (keep in mind, we had still not met as of yet)

Becca: "So what, do you love my sister or not?!"
Kevin: "Actually, yeah... I guess I do!"
Becca: "Well then, what are you waiting for? When are you going to get married?"
Kevin: "I... uhh... well... I don't know... I ummm, [etc.]"
Becca: "Well, seems like a pretty obvious choice to me! You guys are perfect together. Call me when you've got a ring!"

To be completely honest, I think that conversation planted the seed in my head and I first seriously considered marrying Naomi. Obviously, I made the decision, and it's been a blessing to me ever since!

8. Becca's a great running buddy. She's very motivating and makes the run enjoyable We've been on many fun runs together, including a 15-mile training run around the Waterfall Glenn Forest Preserve, and a nice 7 mile run up and down Provo Canyon. She even let me run a marathon with her up in Duluth, MN that was one of my funnest races ever!

9. She is an exemplary parent, and someone Naomi and I both look to for an example frequently. She is a master choreographer, dancing the parenting balancing act that is being fun, creative, stern, immovable, patient, loving, and kind. There have been many parenting challenges that Naomi and I have faced when Becca's example becomes a positive factor in how we face those trials.

10. Becca can fart on command. Enough said.


2 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Wow! Thanks for the ego boost guys! I'm going to bookmark this page so I can come back to it whenever I'm feeling bad about myself : ) glad you're my best butt-ie Naom and glad you married someone who appreciates my gasy talent : )

Sarah said...

Haha love it! Becca you so totally rock. I love when you make me laugh so hard that my abs hurt the next day. Good times