1. You are a fantastic planner and organizer. I always know that when everyone else is sitting around trying to figure out what to do, you will have a plan and you will put it into action. Also, your organization skills keep chaos at bay and make me feel like I don't have to worry about my time slipping away unnoticed when you are in charge.
2. You are the great motivator. Whenever Kevin and I say we have a plan, you immediately jump into action helping us find ways to reach our goals. You help us break down our problems and build up solutions, and then you encourage us, cheer us on, and follow up on our progress.
3. You are a strong and independent woman. Because I often find myself on the doormat side of things, I really look up to these qualities in you. You are not afraid to speak your mind, pursue your dreams, or stick up for what you believe in. You are powerful, convincing, and respectable, and I hope that when I grow up I can be like that too.
4. You are one of the most thoughtful and compassionate people I know. You are always concerned about making others feel comfortable and happy, you remember us on special occasions, you send us emails or give us a call when you are thinking about us, and you make us feel loved. You are a terrific friend and we are lucky to have you.
5. Besides my sisters, you are the only other person in the world who can make me giggle in hysterics to the point of nearly wetting my pants! I don't know exactly what makes that happen. I'm sure its partly because you are hilarious and partly because your laugh is ridiculously contagious, but whatever the reason, it shows me that I feel like myself when you are around. Thanks for being my other big sister, my laughing companion, and my friend. We love you Natalie!
6. She is THE example of setting and sticking to goals. She is a determined individual with a capacity for working towards her ambitions that I wish I had! (Example: Boston Marathon… I haven’t qualified like Natalie… yet!)
7. Along those same lines: she is always encouraging me to set goals for myself and is never afraid to ask me how they’re doing. I always leave those conversations with a determined resolve to more clearly define my own goals and to do better.
8. She is an excellent planner. Whenever we’ve had the chance to visit, she always makes sure there’s something fun to do for everyone.
9. She is a FANTASTIC cook. I believe I drove from Chicago to Ann Arbor simply because I heard that she was trying out a new apple crisp recipe. Natalie has the best recipes!
10. Her card-playing skills (specifically Pounce… though her skills reach into all aspects of the card-game universe) are the envy of all who know her. Naomi and I practice and play Pounce together for weeks before we visit just so we won’t lose too badly to Natalie!