Thursday, February 24, 2011
10 Things we LOVE about Craig Hanks!
1. You have ridiculously good taste in music (according to me) and always have a fun TV show to recommend when I am bored. In fact, when it comes to media, I think we are pretty much cut from the same cloth... minus your obsession with Starcraft and 007.
2. Your sarcasm makes me laugh. It takes genuine talent to make sarcasm work for you without sounding mean, but you definitely pull it off.
3. You are fun to ask for help, with ANYTHING! Whether it is vocabulary, political opinions, movie reviews, or fashion advice, you always have good input that is worth asking for.
4. You are a FANTASTIC uncle. You have spoiling and fun down to an art and our girls LOVE you. Not only that, but you have always been willing to take the girls overnight when we needed to go to a race, or watch them when they were little so we could go to church. You're the best!
5. You are a great brother and friend and you are a blast to have around. I will always remember our Provo apartment fondly because of the hours we were able to spend with you double dating, watching movies, and playing Risk. Thanks for being such a stud Craig! We love you!
6. Craig is fun, spontaneous and always good fun to hang out with. He is one of the favorite Uncles to the girls, and Brooklyn especially adores him. Anyone that gives Brooklyn butterfly wings and a poofy tutu for Christmas is instantly on the A-list in her mind!
7. When Naomi and I were living in Provo, Craig was a regular visitor at our house. Those are some of our favorite memories of having Craig coming over to chill at our place, play some games, do some homework, play with Brooklyn etc. Even when we moved up to Pleasant Grove, Craig still came over frequently to eat some dinner or watch some Fringe! Good times.
8. Craig is a brave man, who is willing to try just about anything. I remember two specific occasions: Doing the 8-hour adventure race with Brian, Nick, and myself. We canoed 2.5 miles, and biked/ran for I don't know how many miles (some 6 1/2 hours of it!) through 4 ft deep mud puddles no less! The other instance was the 1st of January of 2010, when Craig and I went to downtown Chicago to run the new-years day 5k. It was so cold that day that the water they were handing out at the end was completely frozen by the time we got there! Yikes. More good times!
9. I got to go on my all-time favorite hiking trip ever with Craig. We hiked up around Grand Teton National Park for almost a week. We swam in a lake at 11,000 feet altitude, slept in a pass with wind blowing 40 mph the whole night, hiked through a torrential downpour, and then almost died when we capsized and lost a canoe on the snake river. Best trip ever!
10. Craig is an excellent video game partner! I believe Craig and I are 2nd place in our division of Starcraft! Booyah! Craig does all the hard work though, and ALWAYS beats me in points.