Monday, February 14, 2011

10 Things I LOVE about my VALENTINE!

(aka Kevin Hanks, Kev, Kev-ness, Kevers, Monkey)

1. You STILL make me laugh...even though I have spent the last 6 years listening to you repeat the same jokes, use the same puns, and flash me that same white hiney!

2. You treat me like I am your NUMBER ONE! You always put my concerns and feelings above yours and make me feel like there is no one else in the world but me.

3. You let me snuggle you all night long, even though it makes your arms cramp and forces you to sweat wherever I am touching you.

4. You can still surprise me. Sometimes with gifts, sometimes with a kind deed, sometimes with a random thought, and sometimes because you jump out from behind a door and scare me to see if I will actually wet my pants.

5. You motivate me to be healthy, happy, and whole. You are frequently encouraging me to try new things, defeat my fears and insecurities, get up when I don't want to, and be the best "me" possible...the "me" that I could never be without you!

6. You are literally the BEST dad in the entire WORLD! I mean really... how many full-time employed fathers do you know that come home from 8 hours of work, change the baby's diaper, feed the kids dinner, get in an hour of playtime, get the kids in their jammies, brush their teeth, say their prayers, read them books, and get them to bed...EVERY NIGHT!?

7. You are the most thoughtful and helpful man I know. I feel so lucky that you go out of your way to wash the laundry, do the dishes, and make dinner almost every day, just to give me a break from being a mom. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

8. You make me feel beautiful. It doesn't matter if I haven't slept for days and I'm still in my PJ's, you still think I'm beautiful and you make me feel like I am too.

9. You are a righteous leader for our home. You do everything in your power to invite the Spirit into our home on a daily basis and you teach Gospel principles to our children whenever the opportunity presents itself. On top of that, you are a great example to me of obedience and faithfulness.

10. You are my BEST FRIEND! I can always count on you to be there when I need you, to talk me down when I am freaking out, lift my burdens when I am overwhelmed, and just be a fun person to play pounce or 007 with when the day is getting old. Thank you for being my everything! I love you Kev!

5 comments:

Kevin Hanks said...

I'm still trying to get you to pee your pants by jumping out from behind the door. What door? you'll find out... bwaahahahahaha.

Heidi said...

You two are so awesomely perfect for each other. I wish we lived closer to you!!!

Tau said...

Weird! I was gonna say the same stuff...except for the snuggling him, making me fee beautiful, number one thing, and some of the other stuff too. Well I guess I would say a some of that stuff. U da man Kev!

JS said...

you are guys are so stinkin' cute! i am glad he is all those things are more cause you sure deserve it naomi!

Beccarigg said...

Haha! Kevin's white hiney!! I think it's especially funny since half of my ward in Minnesota has seen it too. Lol! Kevin is awesome and I'm so glad you guys found each other. He's definitely encouraged you to do things I never thought you'd do and I feel like having him in your life has helped you to grow into an amazingly awesome person (not that you weren't before but he just helped increase your awesomeness ; ) Happy V-day you little love birds!