Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grandma's Last Days... WITH US!... not in life.

The day after we visited the museum, we had a relaxing Sunday filled with church, naps, and chicken and dumplings! The following Monday was also a play-at-home kind of day, and a great resting period before our last adventure with Grandma Uda. 


On Tuesday, the 6th of March, (the day before Grandma had to go back home) we took a trip to Kids Town in nearby Wheaton, IL. Kids Town is basically a kid size town complete with fire station, police department, construction site, dance club, playground, doctors office, and veterinary clinic! Its all about imagination and was the PERFECT place to take the girls!


They got busy on the playground right away. Up and down the stairs and down the slide until grandma finally distracted them with all the fun transportation that was available.


They got to drive fire trucks, sail the seas, and ride on the backs of wild animals!


And when they were done, they got to chart their course on this amazing felt map (that I am determined to make for my own playroom!)


Brooklyn pretended to be a veterinarian whilst carrying around a kitty in a travel box and playing the piano. That's real talent if you ask me!


Then she and grandma got to put on a play...


That unfortunately had to come to and end due to a short stint in prison.


But no worries, they celebrated their release with an amazing dance party in the local dance club!


Then, once the girls started to wind down, they said good bye to the fishies...


And their new best friends, and then we headed for home. It was quite sad actually. Brooklyn had made friends with this little girl and they went everywhere together, holding hands and laughing. When it was time to go, she burst into tears at the thought of never seeing her new friend again. I felt bad for her because I wanted to cry too at the thought of saying goodbye to my mom :(

My mom and I stayed up late that night, watching movies and talking about life. The next day, she packed up her bags and said goodbye. It was really hard for me to watch her go. It often gets lonely out here in Chicago and it was such a blessing to have my mom around to cheer us up and give us some good old fashioned motherly love. She will be greatly missed, but we look forward to seeing her at least one more time this year. Thanks mom for EVERYTHING! We love you!




And to help lighten the mood... here is a video of Lily dancing at Kids Town. She actually spent the majority of her time on this dance floor, dancing by herself, with Brooklyn, a rolling zebra, stuffed puppy, and later, a giant dolphin. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kevin Hanks said...

Man! After Reading about all the cool stuff you guys do while I'm at work ... It makes what I do seem even MORE boring! I mean come on... Sitting at a computer designing stuff on AutoCAD all day vs. getting to go to the zoo and kidstown?! How cool are your days?!

Cindy Uda said...

That was such a fun and relaxing day! If I had the money, I would start a Kids Town out here. Wonderful concept. Fun for the kids and relaxing for the adults. The girls are so cute and I loved seeing the video of Lily dancing. She is such a crack-up! Thanks for giving me some wonderful memories to go home with. I miss you all so much! Can't wait to see you in June!

Sarah said...

Dude Naomi! Wait to do the felt wall craft with me. I'd love to do that with you. That looks like a real cool place. Is it like a children's museum? Lily was so cute dancing up there all by herself. I love how Brooklyn made friends so quickly. I have such social little nieces. It looks like you had an amazing time with mom. Aren't grandmas wonderful!? Can't wait to see you guys. Loveth you!