1. You are one of the funniest people I know. You seem to have a sixth sense for what individual people will find funny and you nail it every time. Not only are you funny to talk to and fun to be around, but you have also provided me with years and years worth of funny memories to share with others. (Although I'm sure many of them didn't seem that funny to me at the time... i.e. being shot repeatedly by your BB gun, locked or tied up in various items, or being told that I have a fruit fly permanently stuck in my eyeball.)
2. You taught me how to be tough, stand up for myself, and defend myself the smart way. Some of my favorite moments with you as a child and an adult were when you were teaching me different self defense tactics or wrestling with me on the living room floor.
3. You are the most AMAZINGLY talented person I know... and that's the truth! Everything you try, you can do, and then you can perfect. You are an incredible artist, writer, dancer, actor, musician, physicist, business man, leader, interior designer, chef, etc. etc. etc.
4. You are a devoted, loving, and faithful father, husband, and friend. I am inspired by the efforts you put into your family relationships, especially with your wife. Anyone who knows you, knows that Erin is the thing you cherish most in this world. Through your example, I have learned the importance of respect, charity, devotion, and loyalty in a marriage. Thank you!
5. No matter where our lives take us, I know you will always be there for me and you will always love me. You have taught me so much, shared so many fun memories and moments with me, and supported me throughout my entire life. I love you Josh and am so thankful to have you as a brother. Thank you for being you!
6. Josh is a great friend and a fun person to be around. I've enjoyed many hours of fun hanging out with Josh, I really miss him living out here in Chicago!
7. Josh is fiercely loyal to his family and his values. He never makes excuses for the way he conducts himself. While Josh shows respect for another person's point of view and actions, he demands for himself the right to choose his own path.
8. Josh is freaking brilliant! I really do think I get smarter through osmosis if I just stand next to him for a long enough time.
9. On that same note, Josh is always willing to share his knowledge & skills. Because of Josh, I've learned: The push-theory of gravity, how a magnet works, how to capture and maintain the attention of 30 12-year olds, how to fire a handgun, strafe a corner, perform the split-wedge maneuver, how the "For Strength of Youth" handbook can and does apply to adults, how to act like a squirrel in a fight, how to exercise every muscle in my body in 10 minutes, how to make a client feel like they cheated you, how to do a wing chun punch, a triangle choke, and small joint manipulation. HA! Josh probably didn't think I was paying attention!
10. Josh has provided me with hours and hours of laughter as I listen to anecdotes from my wife about the kind of stuff he did to torture his sisters when they were all little!
For instance: "Hey Naomi, I need to practice my aim... run around and give me a moving target!" Hehehe I sure am glad I didn't live next door to YOU guys!
And as an extra pinch to grow on, I (Naomi) would just like to add that I also think you are one good looking guy! Despite the fact that you look like Gollum attacking a chocolate cake in the first picture! :)