1. You are the Giving Tree! No matter what is asked of you, you will go out of your way to give it. No matter how ridiculous the request, how much sacrifice you have to make, no matter what expense it is to you or your health, you give. Even if that means simply offering a place to sit when you have been reduced to nothing but a stump. Because of you, I will always understand the true meaning of Selfless Service.
2. You are the Iron Chef. It doesn't matter what you cook, it turns out perfect, and I often find myself in that scene from "What about Bob?" when I eat your food. Now that I am grown and far away, I frequently find myself craving a home cooked meal from you and it is nice to be able to call you at anytime and ask for recipes or advice in cooking (although stuff never tastes as good when I make it).
3. You are the ULTIMATE mother! I was always amazed that you managed to raise 8 children, plus several foster children, plus several daycare children, and still remain sane, productive, clean, service oriented, and balanced. Now that I have children of my own, I don't understand it at all. The only explanation that comes to mind is that you must secretly be Wonder Woman!
4. You're happiness comes from making others happy...thus, you are a VERY happy person! Whether it is spending a little extra time with someone, being a listening ear, strolling through the Hallmark store for hours to find the perfect card, or treating someone to a quiet lunch, you are always doing what you can to make others happy...and it works!
5. You are not just my mother, you are also my teacher, my hero, and my friend. I love you so much and respect all the things you have accomplished and overcome in your life. As long as you are around, I know I will always have someone to turn to for advice, a shoulder to cry on, an accessible source of knowledge, and a place of refuge. I love you mom!
6. She makes the most amazing chili and clam chowder I’ve ever eaten!
7. She’s always willing to serve and help out, any way she can.
8. She’s always happy to let a poor starving college student live in her basement.
9. She loves her grand-kids, and her grand-kids love her!
10. She raised a wonderful daughter that turned out to be a pretty good Mom herself!