Friday, September 7, 2012

Utah: Part 14 (Wrapping things up in PG)

On the evening of July 16th, I arrived back in Pleasant Grove to say my final goodbyes to the Uda clan before driving back to Illinois.


But before I said my farewells, I was able to help my sister Scarlet make a jewelry holder out of an old mirror. It was a fun little project and now that I've seen it all the way done, I can't wait to make one for myself! :)


Another matter of business to take care of before we left was to get some antibiotics for myself and Brooklyn. (Lily already got some doses of her own while we were in Kaysville.) As it turns out, you can't put 30 people in the same house together and expect no one to get sick. During the course of our month spent in Utah, the Uda gang (myself and kids included) shared, Strep Throat, Hand Foot & Mouth Disease, Conjunctivitis, Stomach Flu, Laryngitis, Adrenal Virus, and Chicken Pocks!


If you don't believe me, take a look at my poor nephew Cam! Doctors originally thought he had Hand Foot and Mouth, but it turned out to be one of the worst cases of Chicken Pox they had ever seen! Poor baby!


Anyway, in the midst of all that, we still had lots of time to play, and were even able to help my sister Rachel pack up and clean her house in preparation to move to Hawaii!


And then, on the night before we left, we got to spend a little quality time with the whole family before our long trek East.

It was amazing to be with all my family again and to see how each of my siblings has grown and created their own little families. So many fun memories were built while we were together and I can't wait until we can do it all over again!

No comments: