Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hanks in Town, Part 2: Genealogy, Aquarium, Movie Night, and Uncle Brian

After our fun day downtown with the Hanks Crew, we took an entire Sunday to recover before heading out for some more fun!

Grandma and Grandpa Hanks got us started by taking Kevin out to a nearby cemetery for some Genealogy while Brooklyn was in preschool.


Later that day we packed up and headed back downtown to check out the Shedd Aquarium... after all, it was a FREE day!


All the displays were amazing and I personally really enjoyed myself.


The girls liked it a lot as well, although, I think their favorite part was a decorative canoe in one of the display areas that they could climb in and out of :)


The next day we took it pretty easy, but that night we set up a fort in the living room to watch Wreck it Ralph! We had lots of treats and popcorn and had a blast watching the girls' reactions to the movie.

Best part of the night? When the girls decided to play a game they made up called "Shake your Cave!"

Sorry the video is so long (and loud) but I had to share it...for posterity's sake!

The next morning Janna and Colleen took over my preschool (by request) to show me some fun new things I can try, especially during music time. We had soooo much fun that we actually forgot to take any pictures, but I assure you, it was EPIC!

Later that night Kevin's brother Brian also arrived on the scene and it wasn't long before the Hanks kids were out playing games at a nearby arcade! I love that they roll like that :)


After a night at the arcade, we tucked the kids in bed, listened to Brian practice a speech he was doing for a competition, and then went to sleep to prepare for another day of fun!

To be continued...

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

Um I want you to build that fort in my living room! So cool! We haven't seen Wreck it Ralph yet, would you recommend it?