Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Our Last Good Byes


On July 29th, I woke up early with the girls, got dressed and packed, and jumped in the car with my mom to eat breakfast at IHOP before we had to go up to Kaysville, and eventually home to Chicago.

 We met Sarah, Tau, and their boys at the restaurant and then enjoyed a scrumptiously fattening breakfast whilst saying our last goodbyes. It was hard to leave them all, knowing that it would be a long while before we would see each other again, but I was grateful that they were able to clear their schedules to bid us farewell.

 When we got back from IHOP, Jennie picked me up to go rock climbing ... after which, we went out to eat some more fantastically fattening food before she brought me back to my mom's house to be driven up to Kaysville. Once again, it was a hard goodbye, but so much fun to spend a few more hours with my best friend!


 Once in Kaysville, the girls and I got to enjoy a little more Grandma and Grandpa Hanks time, as well as some tree climbing and trampoline bouncing. It was nice to be in the Hanks home when there wasn't any family reunion chaos going on and we could have Grandma all to ourselves. :)

Then on July 30th, a full month after our arrival, we hopped on an airplane and said goodbye to Utah, the beautiful mountains, the amazingly dry air, our good friends, and all of our family.

The girls were pretty good on the plane, which made things a little easier... and we were greeted by the most incredible man in the world when we got to the airport, which made things WAY better! But it was still hard leaving everyone else behind. Luckily, it wasn't long before we had some visitors coming our way! More to come on that... LATER!

4 comments:

Tau said...

We miss u guys. It was great seeing you and the girls. Wish Kev could of stayed longer too.

Munro Murdock said...

Great pics. It was fun to see everyone!

Beccarigg said...

Aw, this gave me a big lump in my throat because I know how hard it is to say goodbye to family. Hurts every time ; ( One of these days we'll be next door neighbors and then it will be like an epic vacation every day ; ) Glad you got to go out and see everyone. You sure crammed a lot of awesome stuff in while you were there!

Sarah said...

Naom, your so artistic. I love how you manipulate all your pictures. They really capture the moment. I didn't even recognize Tau in that first picture. Crazy. We had so much fun with you and miss you a ton. Noa saw these pictures and said "hey there's my best friend!" He misses you guys too. Love ya