Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sisterly Love!

So, a couple days ago I was trying to make dinner but Lily was exceptionally fussy and wouldn't stop crying long enough for me to get it started! I tried to feed her, hold and snuggle her, passify her, etc. but the second I put her down she would start screaming again. Eventually I had to put her on the couch to scream it out so I could get dinner done before Kevin got home.

About 3 minutes into letting her scream, she suddenly stopped! The first thought that went through my head was that Brooklyn had had enough and put Lily out of her misery! I was freaked out and ran into the living room to check on them both. Well... I was right about one thing. Brooklyn HAD had enough, but instead of smothering her little sister, I found her doing this:



After all I had done to calm her down, all Lily needed was a little love from her big sister. I can't believe that Brooklyn thought of singing "I am a Child of God" to Lily all by herself and I love how sweetly she kisses Lily's hands in between sentences. I am truly blessed to have such sweet and beautiful daughters!

11 comments:

Janna and Tyler said...

Oh my word, that is the COOLEST thing I've ever heard!!! Brooklyn is so sweet!

Colleen H. said...

What a special and sweet moment!So glad you caught it with the camera!

Heidi said...

Wow, that is so sweet. I want to borrow Brooklyn or at least attend a class where she teaches calming techniques! How precious.

Rachel Murdock said...

That is the most precious thing EVER! What a sweet moment. Love those girls. Lily looks like Malia did 8 months ago!

Beccarigg said...

Naomi, that was so unbelievably precious, I'm just overwhelmed watching it! What a special and sweet bond sisters have. To see your girls loving each other so tenderly at such a young age is one of the greatest most fulfilling moments a mother can experience. Brooklyn is so sweet, and Lily is just an angel. Thanks for sharing that, I'm not gonna lie, I got a little teary eyed!

The Reese's said...

oh my gosh that had to be the cutest thing i've ever seen! so sweet and i'm glad you'll always have that on camera.

jksfam said...

SOOOO Sweet!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sarah said...

Pregnancy hormones or not, I cried. That was the cutest, sweetest thing ever. What a precious moment that you were able to catch on camera.

Natalie said...

So cute!

More pictures, please! :)

Anonymous said...

You and Kevin are great parents. Brooklyn learned that from somewhere. I can't wait to see you all again. Love, Dad

Tau said...

I'm gonna blame it on my wife and the whole sympathy pregnancy husband stuff...I cried. That was one of the sweetest and most genuine acts of love I've seen. Wow, sorry to get a little mushy on that one.