Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Things I Thought You Would Want To Know:

I didn't wash laundry for 2 weeks because I hate lugging my laundry down the stairs... outside... around the building... and then paying $1.25/load! The result...Poor Kevin had to wear my Snoopy Christmas socks to work because he didn't have any black socks left, and then I had to wash 7 loads of laundry which cost me $17.50!!! And since we only have one laundry basket, it took me a total of 9 trips to the laundry room to get it all done! DON'T PROCRASTINATE! It STINKS!



It's finally starting to look like Spring here, but don't let that fool you. When you look out the window it is beautiful and Sunny with NO snow to be seen...However, it is SO cold that when I went to take Kevin to work this morning our car lock was frozen closed. We had to crawl through the other door to get it open and then when we tried to shut it, the closing mechanism froze and the door wouldn't shut. We had to drive to Kevin's work holding the door closed! On a positive note...The cold does make very pretty statues around our apartment to look at. Here is a water fountain in front of our building. It was flowing perfectly just yesterday!

Brooklyn's hair is long enough for pigtails now! She reminds me of Teya when she has them in. It's fun to do her hair because she sits really still and always says "Oooo Pretty" When I'm done! As I mentioned before, Brooklyn really loves to look at herself, but who can blame her!? She is VERY cute!

Another cute habit that Brooklyn has picked up is playing dress up. Ever since Aunt Janna sent her the colorful scarf, Brooklyn has been putting EVERYTHING around her neck! She wears snakes and socks and our shirts if we lay them around, but she prefers the scarf. She also likes to wear things that make her look like mommy. She steals my glasses all the time as well as my high heals and necklaces. I took this video right after I dropped a basket on the floor that had some sunglasses in them. They were the first thing she noticed.


Today for playgroup, our ward met at the church and one of the ladies did an aerobics class for us while our children ran wild. It was actually very fun and she was really good. Natalie ran the class, she is the one with the little boy and train in front of her. Leanne (who is my visiting teacher) had to do the class with her baby in her arms or on her lap because she wouldn't stop crying. She is the one doing dips with the baby in pink. Brooklyn kept blowing raspberries on my tummy during ab exercises which made them ever harder. I took a picture of her mid crunch! Jenny and Amy also participated and I think we all had a great time!

Here is a short clip of our setup. It gives you a pretty good idea of what our work out environment was like!







7 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! You look like a movie star in your header. Love it! Brooklyn looks so cute in her little pig tails. I sure do miss you guys. Lets hear it for play groups. They rock. Especially that mom doing dips with the baby on her hips.

california smiths said...

I understand the laundry thing oh to well. I have now lived without a washer and dryer in my apartment for 19 months and with a family of four that gets old fast! I completely emphasize with you. Good luck with it! :)

Beccarigg said...

Ewww! not having a washer and dryer is the worst! That's how it was when we first got married and lived on the 3rd floor. I hated hauling my laundry down three flights of stairs so I put it off until it was a nightmare! Ugh! At least it didn't cost as much as yours does. that's lame!

Brooklyn is such a cutie patatooty! I love the pigtails and I still can't believe how much she talks for her age. Little genius! Must get it from her auntie : )

The work out video is a riot! That's why I no longer try to work out when the kids are awake. It's pure chaos and I never really get a good work out. Cute idea for a play group though. At least you burned calories, even if it was mostly from chasing after kids. : )

Rachel Murdock said...

It's such a trip to see Brookie walking!

Kevin Hanks said...

Correction: That's $1.25 just for the wash . . . it's another $1.25 if you want your clothes dry! Ugh.

Pae and Guy said...

I think Naomi is holding back on us...Are you sure that your socks are the only article of clothing that Kevin "had" to wear to work that day??? Hmmm?????!!!

Oh, I guess that joke's not so funny now that I think about it...I guess yall wear garments or something like that...punchline was intended to conjure up images of Kev in some lacy Victorias Secret underpants!

;)

Natalie said...

That's a good idea to do a playgroup aerobics! I can see the kids getting the way for sure though. But the tougher the workout the more you sweat, right? :)