Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday Kevin!

On Thursday, October 27th, we celebrated Kevin's 29th birthday! 
(This collage was created completely with pictures from Kevin's phone that he took of himself this past year... it is a pretty accurate depiction of how he spent much of his time...hehehe!)
We didn't really do anything extravagant for his birthday this year since we were all pretty sick and since we already bought his main gift last month (a KitchenAid that has been lovingly used almost every day since it's purchase!)

But he still started out the day with decorations and doughnuts from his friends at work! And then when he got home, the girls and I had decorated the house with balloons and confetti, wrapped his presents, and baked him the BEST LASAGNA known to mankind (Kevin's favorite food!)



After lasagna, Kevin opened an Alaskan knife from cousin Jennie, a homemade man-apron to go with his KitchenAid (from me), some groovy Lord of the Ring Pez dispensers from my sister Becca, and an amazing reflective biking jacket and gloves from his mom and dad. (A life prolonging gift that I am very grateful for since Kevin insists on biking to work no matter how dark or cold it gets!) He also received multiple bags of M&M's (another favorite) and some cute cards and pictures drawn by Brooklyn and Lily.

When present opening was finished, we put the girls to bed and then sat down to watch our favorite show (NCIS) whilst eating Kevin's favorite Cheesecake that he made himself using his beloved KitchenAid. 

At first I felt pretty bad about the low key birthday, but in the end, it turned out to be a very relaxing and pleasant day spent celebrating the life of my favorite person on earth! 
Happy birthday Kevin, we love you!

6 comments:

Tau said...

Happy birthday brotha! Looks like a great day.

jksfam said...

What a great collage! Happy Birthday, Kevin!

Jennie said...

Love the Kevin montage :) So happy you were born Kev!! Glad you had such an awesome birthday. And after seeing the cheesecake, I'm totally jealous I wasn't there!

Natalie said...

Sydney saw the pink cheesecake and said, "I want that pink cake for my NEXT birthday." So, I guess I'll have to get the recipe sometime. :)

Sarah said...

I love the collage. You are so funny. It looks like it was a very special day and that pez dispenser set is amazing. I am drooling over that cheesecake too. I think I'm going to go make one :) Happy Birthday Kevin!!

Beccarigg said...

"One Pez dispenser to rule them all!" hahahahaha! You gotta admit those pez dispenser do rule! Happy Birthday to one cool kid. I mean, not every man can rock an apron and still look masculine but you definitely pull it off : )