Monday, June 30, 2008

The Art of Mommy Manipulation!

Lately Brooklyn has been really fascinated by faces and mouths. The last few days she has started to open and close her mouth silently every time I am talking to her or someone else, mimicking my mouth! It is so cute and she gets a big kick out of herself when she does it. Also, she knows it makes me happy and usually laugh, thus...the upcoming manipulation.

Yesterday, She threw one of the biggest fits ever! She was arching her back and pushing my face away with her hands and screaming bloody murder(something that a few of you have been privileged to hear her do). Anyway, I wasn't going to put up with her pushing me like that so I laid her on the floor. She FREAKED OUT for about 10 minutes before realizing it wasn't working. So then, she calmed herself down and tried this:

The combination of her super-sad face, her attempt to soundlessly talk me out of leaving her there, and her cries that sounded like "mama mama", I had to give in. As soon as I finished filming the video she was picked up and received all the snuggles she could have ever wanted!

P.S. I am trying to convince Kevin that this video is proof that Brooklyn said "Mama" before "Dada". I don't think he's buying!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny! What a smarty pants. She'll be talking in no time.

Beccarigg said...

That is heartbreakingly adorable! How could anyone resist that cuteness? What a doll!

Natalie said...

I know you think that Brian and I make cute babies (baby, so far, actually), but you and Kevin sure do too! Maybe I'm biased, but she is freaking cute. I can't believe I haven't seen her in real life yet. Only a little over a month until that day though! :)

Tara said...

That's hilarious! She is a smart little genius baby. She seems so advanced for her age. And she's totally saying Mama. Whether she knows what it means or not, she still said Mama first! Sorry, Kevin.=) haha, just playin'