Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

So, a few years ago I made these...


And my life has never been the same since! I am more tired then I used to be, less put together, and a little bit crazy at times, but I am also more organized then I used to be, less self absorbed, and a little bit wiser. My sweet little girls have taught me more about life, love, and happiness in the past 4 years than I ever learned in the 25 years prior to meeting them. They make up some of my hardest trials and my greatest joys and I am TRULY blessed to be called their mother.


And to let me know that they also feel blessed to call me mom, they spent today spoiling me ROTTEN! (Although at this stage in life I think it important to note that KEVIN is the one who really put the thought, time, money, and energy into my special Mother's Day.)

So this is how it went. I woke up this morning to creamed eggs on toast with FRESH HOMEMADE BREAD that Kevin got up at 5:00 am to bake for me! I was then gifted the blue-ray boxed set of Lord of the Rings (extended edition!), a new pair of running shoes, an AWESOME pink tool box complete with electric screw driver, and some BEAUTIFUL flowers!

Then after church...


Kevin let me nap while he made me Honey Dijon Chicken, Crash Hot Sweet Potatoes, and a Pear Gorgonzola salad with homemade croutons! It was AMAZING!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am so grateful today to be blessed with such wonderful little girls, an incredible husband, and two wonderful mother's of my own! Happy Mother's Day everyone!


4 comments:

Mucci Ohana said...

DUDE!!!! You did get spoiled. I love the tool box that is so awesome and since when did Kevin become such a good chef? ha ha food looks great! happy mothers day beautiful!
love ya

Lbrtychic said...

Hahahahah....I thought you were talking about making the dresses...I was VERY confused for a minute!!!! :) You did get spoiled rotten! You are one lucky mama!!

Jennie said...

You're such an amazing mommy! You definitely deserved lots of spoiling and I'm glad you got it :) Love your guts dude!!

Tau said...

Dope...Kev I feel like a horrible husband...thank you ;)