Monday, February 22, 2010

Living in Lisle

On January 23rd, with the help of our wonderful Elders Quorum, Kevin and I dragged all our belongings out of Downers Grove and into Lisle, Illinois! What possessed the move? Well, I was exactly one month away from my due date to have another little girl and we desperately wanted to get into a place with a washer and dryer! We felt it was essential with a potty training two year old and a barfing newborn.

We found the perfect place called Green Trails Apartments where we are able to live in a townhouse equipped with out own private entrance and a washer and dryer!


They just remodeled the whole thing before we moved in, so we got new stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops in our kitchen! Woohoo!


The living room has a fire place and a really cool window seat where we can sit and stare out all day...unfortunately, other people can stare at us too!


Kevin's mom was even kind enough to come out and help me with the finishing touches. We recovered the blue chair in the back corner (it use to be white with Cheetos stains), hung the curtains, and found some cute pillows to throw on the bench.


The dining room is connected to the living room and has a neat bay window where we put our "office". It also looks directly into the kitchen. I love the open floor plan!


One of my favorite rooms is the girls' room. Kevin's mom sent some stickers out earlier this year that we were able to put on the walls. It really gives the room that "girly" look and Brooklyn LOVES it!


I still have a few more things to hang on the walls, but the room is already really cute without them.

Some fun facts about our new place:
-They feed us free breakfast every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
-There is a fitness center that is open 24/7 with a pool, hot tub, and sauna.
-The property is attached to 30 miles of running trails.
-They have a family game night every Thursday. (After they help your kids with their homework!)
-They have 2 guys whose job is to help everyone meet each other and feel like part of a community. They brought us balloons and dinner after Lily was born and one guys mom even crocheted Lily a beanie!

Any way, we love our new place and hope that if any of you are around Chicago you'll drop by and stay awhile! We have plenty of floor space for everyone!

11 comments:

Rachel Murdock said...

Wow! What a beautiful place you have! I love the stickers in the girls room! Where did your mom in law get those?
The pic of Lily looks soooo much like you. Yay!

Unknown said...

Holy cow! This sounds so luxurious! And it looks great. I wish I could come see it!

Tau said...

you guy's place looks great...very fancy yet cozy and warm at the same time. I like all the windows...that was a weird comment but I watch a lot of HGTV. I think that is where it came from.

jksfam said...

Looks like a great place!

Jennie said...

Nice place Naomi! And if I beg and pled really hard could I please sleep on the hide a bed? You know it's my favorite :) And I'm still planning on coming out in May- you're still planning on being there right, because I think those trails need someone to run on them :)

Munro Murdock said...

Very cool! Congrats on the new baby and the new house. Wow, what a month!

Beccarigg said...

Dude! They feed you breakfast? SCORE!! Also you can't beat the fitness center, pool and hot tub! Those are some of the great benefits of condo living. Your kitchen looks so nice and I love the way you did the Living room. Nice TV too! Boo yah!

Okay, now it's time for LILY pics! Seriously, it's almost criminal how long you are making us wait. CRIMINAL!

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see it in the flesh. I guess we'd better plan a trip!

Janna and Tyler said...

I LOVE it! It's so pretty! I am extremely jealous.

Tara said...

Holy moly, that place is awesome! It is so pretty and all those perks? Dang! You guys have got it made!

Sarah said...

Wow what a great place. Breakfast 3 times a week!? You are so lucky. I am glad you guys found it. The girls room looks great too.

p.s. I know you had a baby and all just barely but if you have time to post these posts you gotta put pics of Lily up. ha ha now I know how you feel all the time when you ask for more pics of Noa. Sorry