Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Best Banana Bread Ever!!!

So, a little while ago I had some rotten bananas and thought it was about time to make some bread out of them. However, I wasn't in the mood for your regular everyday "heavy" banana bread, so I went looking for new recipes and found one for muffins, then altered it to fit my needs. It is the best banana bread you will ever eat! I highly recommend giving it a try!

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup Oat Flour and 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted (Or 1/3 cup olive oil)
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon butter
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers or a bread pan.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt.
  4. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
  5. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
  6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups or pan.
  7. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
  8. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
  9. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  10. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Yummo! Now eat it all by yourself like I did and you can feel like a wild animal too! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am definitely going to try this! Banana bread is the best.

Beccarigg said...

Those bananas look nasty! The bread looks awesome though. Will you save me a piece? ; )

Natalie said...

I think there are some old bananas in our freezer so when you get there, feel free to use them! (Bananas are so hard to eat before they go bad...)

Unknown said...

Hey Naomi! I tagged you on my blog! Read my latest post and find out what you need to do. :)

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

Hi Naomi,
Good to find you on blogger! So I am totally gonna try this-I have a mean recipe for banana bread but it doesn't include oats. That sounds healthy so I'll let you know how it turns out (my bananas are black too).